Sunday 18 January 2015

Passage Foods Review

I was lucky enough to be invited to the Kids Business Bloggers BBQ in Melbourne yesterday. It was a great chance to catch up with other bloggers and meet those who I have been reading for ages. I was also able to meet some brands who are interested in promoting their products further through reviews.

One of the brands that I was very excited to try was Passage Foods. This company make Indian and Asian simmer sauces and meal kits using quality ingredients. They also use authentic recipes, so you are assured an easy meal that tastes great. Readily available at Coles, Woolworths and IGA stores around Australia, it's easy to pick up a pack for a simple mid-week dinner.




On tasting at the Bloggers BBQ were the butter chicken and master stock cooked pork belly, served with Kekap Manis. They were both delicious. Mr eat quaff laugh can't wait for me to make the pork belly!

Each blogger was lucky enough to be given a goodie bag containing packets of the Asian Master Stock, Butter Chicken and the Street Kitchen North Indian Butter Chicken. Tonight we trialled the Street Kitchen Butter Chicken.





This meal kit included a marinade for the meat, a spice mix and the simmering sauce. Each component gave a different flavour to the dish, so that the end result was beautiful and rich. Even though there were the three sachets, it still only took 20 minutes to prepare. Just enough time to cook some rice and papadums to go with it!






The instructions on the kit were very easy to follow. All you needed to add was 600g of diced chicken.

First I marinated the chicken in the garlic and ginger paste.

Then I fried the spice mix until fragrant and added the chicken to brown.

Finally I added the sauce and simmered until the chicken was cooked.




A delicious meal prepared in no time! We served ours with a spiced potato and pea side dish, to make it a complete meal. the flavours of the Butter Chicken were amazing and everyone in the family gobbled it down.





The very generous people at Passage Foods have a competition running for my readers at the moment, where you too can win a hamper of goodies, valued up to $100.

Do you fancy cooking up your own range of Indian, Asian and Street Kitchen dishes with a handy Prepara iPrep tablet stand? Of course you do!

Just visit their competition page at www.passagefoods.com/competition to enter. Also visit them on Facebook to check out new products and recipes using their range.

Now that I've tried the butter chicken, I can't wait to get creative with the Master Stock and whip up something delicious!

3 comments:

  1. The master stock sounds fantastic. This looks pretty delicious too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried three different street kitchen kits and even though, they all three tasted somewhat different, all three kits had one common component..the garlic/ginger paste. Teriyaki Chicken, Jamaican Jerk Chicken and the Coconut Curry Chicken all used that paste as a meat marinade...which didn't taste bad...it just made each dish taste similar to each other. I really like the idea of a meal kit like the Passage Foods kits..they are quick and easy to prepare. I just wish that there was a bit more differential of flavor to each kit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geraldine Hilger20 May 2017 at 03:27

    Help me with Spicy Habanero Chicken, how do I work the flash fry habanero pepper? Do I soak it first? Do I leave it in and add chicken and sauce? Do I desert it and chop it before flash frying it? Thank you for help in advance. Please help, Geri

    ReplyDelete